Monday, February 7, 2011

I love chocolate!

Who doesn't? Although I hear that people who tend to favor vanilla (ice cream and such) tend to be the wildly exciting, super adventurous and spontaneous ones. Oh well...

Hello readers!

I absolutely love a sweet and savory chocolate cake. Nothing beats it. Sometimes I wish I could have a nice tall glass of chocolate milk with it---but not anymore! I hate being lactose intolerant. Anywho, I made these cupcakes to celebrate the new year (the year of the rabbit!) and brought them to work. Somehow work and cupcakes are a great mix. 

I got this recipe from this free-trial magazine, called "Cuisine at home". It just landed in my mailbox, just my luck! :) 

The recipe can be found at this following link:

Old-fashioned Chocolate Cake with the Glossy Chocolate Icing:


I love this type of frosting, smooth and rich, full of pure chocolately goodness! Sorry buttercream lovers this ain't for you. I also used some italian coffee roast from Starbucks (part of the coffee granules), which made it chocolate and coffee which is just pure love. I can't wait to try different kinds of blends!

For this cake I actually made cupcakes. I made about 20 cupcakes and the time frame is about cut in half to about 18-20 minutes in the oven.







Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment