Friday, April 15, 2011

NorCal or SoCal?

Hi my fellow readers!

Much has changed in this past week. Really. So I have decided to go back to school and earn a Certificate of Achievement in the Baking and Pastry Arts field. Yay! Instead of paying for a spot at the fancy smancy Culinary Schools which by the way costs $$$, I am going to be taking them at a Community College. I've narrowed my choices to 4 schools all within California. I have 2 that are located in Southern California and 2 located in Northern California.

I'm really excited about this new path that I am taking it feels like a step towards the right direction. All classes start in beginning or early August which means I need to start applying and search for housing if I decide that the program in NorCal suits me better. It's quite scary and intimidating, but the opportunities after I finish seem amazing! Most schools that have the Pastry and Baking Arts Program involve intern or externships and help prepare you with the tools to start at an entry-level job in the field. Whoo hoo! It'll be quite nice to be excited to go to class for once... :)

So this past month I have been baking an abnormal amount (especially with Easter coming too), so I have posted some pictures (courtesy of my amazing mom who loves to snap pictures like crazy!) of my baking projects. Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment