Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thank you my readers!

Hi my dear family, friends, and fellow readers!

I just want to say THANKS for all of the support you have given me! It means a lot when you give me advice, tips, and just encouragement to reach for the stars. I'm not as confident as I should be, but your support does SO much :)

Alas, my campus job ends tomorrow. I wave goodbye to my home for the past 5 years and look ahead to the path of uncertainty. It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

For everyone who has a twitter (yes, I joined!) you can reach me at: CakeNThings. I will tweet about cool baking things, tips and such for starters. So follow me! I also have a youtube channel coming soon, I'll give you more information on that later. Special shout out to: my cousin Chrissy who came up with an awesome name. YAY!

This week I made: Kahlua Brownies, Red Velvet Goodbye Cupcakes, and Cupcake Pies. What a way to end June right? Here comes the pictures!


Small goodbye flags, in the only languages I know: English, French, German, and some Spanish! :)

 My toppings! Sprinkles and some Hi-Chew. Quite Yummy!

 I actually didn't want to use fondant because its way too expensive and tastes icky (if you ask me). So I was super smart and thought of that chewy candy, rolled it and cut it into hearts and spades. Quite cool right?


 You can see the candy cut out of the spade! 


 Crazy story! These cupcake pies didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Long story short, my frosting solidified while I napped. So it turned out into a big mess. Note: If you are ever trying to do this project make sure you use a stabilizer in your frosting like meringue powder! Otherwise on a hot, sticky day it will droop like crazy.
 Those are skittles!

I think I'm going to be baking on a budget starting tomorrow. Flargh. This will be interesting but fun no?
Happy early July 4th everyone! SF here I come! HOLLA!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad your keeping up with your promise. we even made an project out of it. I don't want you to keep dreaming, but making it happen. Along with every cupcake you bake I will have to sample one. LOL best wishes.

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Marie! And keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete