Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011!

It's been about a week since Turkey Day has come and gone. I'm sad to see it go, but Christmas is going to be just as amazing. But here is my recap for Thanksgiving 2011!

I went to the supermarket just 2 days before and found out my dessert finalist was going to cost way more $$$ than I expected. Who knew pecans were that expensive? Dang it! Anyway I had to go with my backup plan, Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes (see previous post) and tiramisu. The Tiramisu recipe I used was from, "The Pastry Queen" By Rebecca Rather.

Instead of using the basic raw egg yolk mixture, the recipe called for a basic cream cheese mixture with the soaking syrup (Kahlua and rum) mixed together. I also used store bought lady fingers (big shock, I know), but its because I find them such a hassle to make especially since I never get any sleep the night before Thanksgiving.

In between the layers I added some shavings of bittersweet chocolate and raspberries to decorate on top. Bam, finished and ready to serve (of course, after a night in the refrigerator to let the flavors mingle a little :)

Here are my Turkey Day pictures! Hope you enjoy!












Thanks for reading! As always, stick around I'm bound to post more treats to celebrate the upcoming month. Happy December :)

No comments:

Post a Comment